Wednesday 31 October 2007

Marxist Question

How much of a marxist am i?

I believe in the marxist ideology that the ruling classes dominate and that their ideologies are put through the media, but i do not believe it at the same time because I feel all audiences are active, but rather choose not to oppose rather than anything. I personally feel I am an active audience member and i do not feel that ruling classes dominate the way i think. I also feel most other audience members are active but are too lazy to oppose what they see and hear. They may argue and think that something is wrong, but will not physically oppose anything as they are to lazy to. I do also believe that audiences are being dumbed down by the sort of shows they put on tv. I find it very questionable sometimes as to how people can enjoy things such as big brother, as they are only taking pleasure from other peoples pain. Although these people choose to put themselves out there, I think about why people still take pleasure in seeing other peoples lives being shattered or so. This could have been an ideology that has been filtered through already and therefore I do believe marxism exists hugely, but again, I personally feel I am not heavily affected by what i see in the media.

No comments: